Sunday, June 1, 2008

Yarn...

I love yarn, and I have found a new sock yarn, from Lion Brand, called Sock-Ease. The colors are nice, with candy names like toffee and red hots. I have been designing several new sock patterns, and thought these yarns would be great for these socks.
The patterns have a Harry Potter theme (of course they do), and are named after HP chapter titles. The first is named "The Forbidden Forest". As soon as the socks are done, I will post a pic.
I would like to have someone test knit my patterns for me, so if you would like to do this, leave a note in the comment box. I will not publish the pattern to the blog until I get it tested...even I can make mistakes...

2 comments:

Kismatt said...

Still having trouble with "The Forbidden Forest"?

I may be able to help, if you are still looking for test knitters.

I'm Kismatt on Ravelry!!

KatNorris said...

I think I located the problem--the yarn color kind of turns me off, I need something different. I have been coveting a skein of Trekking yarn at my LYS in shades of green and brown. The project is on hold for now. I am working on a pair of Pink socks(wink wink, who likes pink?) They need blocking and an extra touch (that I forgot to buy at the chinese warehouse yesterday grrr...)I hope to finish them over the weekend...
As for test knitting, see Hermione's secret. The pink sock will be ready for testing soon...

I'm a Ravenclaw!