Monday, June 30, 2008

Well, not so perfect...

The gray yarn is beautiful, but the cushiness of it obliterates the pattern I intended to use. So...I guess I have to go back to my earlier choice.

I did finish my second pair of "Fawkes" socks, that I started months ago...

I used Crystal Palace "Maizy" in colorway "Hot Feet". It is an excellent colorway for this pattern, but I don't think I like the yarn itself...

It is not very springy when knitted up. The ribbing expands, but does not retract when released. I think the yarn has a nice warm feel to it, but the texture causes it to catch on itself, not allowing it to return to its original shape. Only when I stretch it in the opposite direction does it go back, and this makes for baggy ankles, which I DO NOT need. My ankles are baggy enough without socks to make them look more so...

So, I guess I will have to relegate these socks to the "cold winter day, stuck at home" pile, and only wear them when no one is around to see my baggy ankles...

No comments:

I'm a Ravenclaw!