Friday, October 26, 2007

Organization...

I wonder why my seemingly organized mind balks so at organizing my possessions. I am so haphazard at times, that I can't find that set of knitting needles, or magnet strips, or beads, that I know are there somewhere.

That old adage that "there is a place for every thing, and every thing in its place" seems to be lost on me. I know that the thing I want is in the room, but where?

Well, over the course of the past week, I have been organizing my stuff. New sets of those Sterilite drawers in all shapes and sizes have been filling my bedroom and storeroom/office. I have been sorting, and labeling, and resorting and moving stuff around, and, happily for my mother, throwing stuff out.

I have a bit of a problem throwing stuff out, and have stuff I bought eons ago, that has been gathering dust, because I might want it someday. Never mind that in all of those years I have never once wanted these items...

Well, I hope all this organizing has been the start of a new life for my stuff. I hope I can someday say, "Gee, what did I do with that beautiful wool yarn I bought?", and I will say back to myself, "Its in the drawer marked 'wool yarn'!", and I will go there and find it. Of course we won't talk about the fact that I talk to myself so much.

My yarn, by the way, fills seven of those large Sterilite drawers! I knew I had a lot, but seven drawers? Oh my! Oh my! I had no idea! (in the voice of Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh)

Well, my vacation is over, and I went back to work today. It was a day I would not care to repeat. Suffice it to say, I am glad it is over. I am on call tomorrow, and they notified me this evening even before I left work, that they needed me tomorrow morning. So onward I go.

I hope you all have had a good day, and enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

I'm a Ravenclaw!